Friday, July 5, 2013

How to Run M.A.T.H Workshop and a Friday Freebie

I have created 3 different M.A.T.H Workshop Board with a How to Get Started Pack.  Today I thought I'd talk about how I run my M.A.T.H Workshop and/or plan to run my M.A.T.H workshop in Kindergarten.  I dabbled with this last year and would like it fully implemented in my Kindergarten class.

I made the boards to have four workshop stations following the M.A.T.H acronym.
M = Math Facts
A = At Your Seat
T = Teacher's Choice
H = Hand's On

I explain a lot of the organization of this in the product.  If you're interested in checking these out click the picture of the board you like.



















Mondays
This will be my pre-assessment days.  I will pre-assess the kiddos and determine groups for the week.  I will also do a whole group lesson on the concept and I will explain the activities in all the centers for the week.

Tuesdays-Fridays
I will do a 10-15 minute mini lesson each day followed by (at first) 10 minute center rotations getting through all the stations every day.  As kindergarteners become more independent, I will probably make the rotation time longer and only get to two rotations a day.  So maybe Tue. and Th. a student will get to do Math Facts and At Your Seat and Wed. and Fri that same student will participate in Teacher's Choice and Hands On.  I'd like to include a post assessment of Fridays as well.

I hope this makes sense to you as to how I'd run my M.A.T.H workshop.  Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.... All the organizational aspects of this program are in the product if you purchase it.

Now I'm going to change gears and link up for the first time with Teaching Blog Addicts for...



As I get ready for back to school I wanted to make my own name tags this year and sort of have a polka dot/chevron/chalkboard theme going on my classroom so I made these cute name tags for the primary grades.  The only thing is that you have to use one of the white (or any other color for that matter) chalkboard markers to write the name because it's on the black chalkboard and won't show up in black.  I hope you can use this for your classroom.  Just click on the pictures below to download.


Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. SO excited about those chalkboard desk plates- exactly what I needed to match all of the decor I just created! Thanks!

    Sara
    Primary Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a new follower. I am excited to learn more about your MATH board. Last year I did Math Work Stations, but was not consistent. I am always looking for an easier way to manage math stations. Thanks.
    Kinders on the Block

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Come back again soon...I love visitors :)


Teaching Units Including Many Free Items