Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Teacher Toolbox Trio Linky Party with a HUGE FREEBIE

New Fun Linky Party....my list wish on TpT just grew because of it!  Click on the button below to enter.

Here are the rules of the trio:
1. Share a product that you've made that you couldn't live without.
2. Share a product that you've purchased that you love.
3. Share something from your wish list that you're hoping to get for next year.

If you're not a seller on TpT, no worries -- just share two products you've purchased that you love!

Just because I love you all....I have a big surprise for you at the end of this post!  You'll have to read on to find out what this surprise is!

Something I've Made that I Can't Live Without

Without a doubt...the items I cannot live without are my Weekly Reading Records.  I have five different versions of these now.  Each set of reading records include five days of comprehension questions using different reading strategies.  Each set contains five different weeks of reading records as well except for Weekly Reading Records (Grouped by Reading Strategy....it contains 7 weeks worth of reading records).  I just rotate them through every five weeks.  It's not too overwhelming for the kids plus it's enough of a variety that they don't get bored with it.  I use these reading records for a variety of things.  Some of these include....daily 5, homework, guided reading groups, literacy centers....the list goes on.  I love them because it gives you a snapshot of what kids are really getting out of their reading plus...and this is a big one....there's not a lot of grading for me.  It's a quick snapshot that's exactly what I need to plan an intervention or next step.  One more thing....they are all CCSS Aligned! 

Weekly Reading Records with Daily Comprehension Activities

Kindergarten Weekly Reading Records With Daily Comprehension Activities

Primary (1st-2nd Grades) Weekly Reading Records Daily Comprehension Activities page 1

Primary (1st-2nd Grades) Weekly Reading Records Daily Comprehension Activities page 2

Weekly Reading Records with Daily Comprehension Activities (Grouped by Reading Strategy) Page 1 Includes: Inferring
Synthesizing
Questioning
Determining Importance
Summarizing
Visualizing
Making Connections

Weekly Reading Records with Daily Comprehension Activities (Grouped by Reading Strategy) Page 2 Includes:
 Inferring
Synthesizing
Questioning
Determining Importance
Summarizing
Visualizing
Making Connections

Weekly Non Fiction Reading Records with Daily Comprehension Writing Activities
A Product I've Purchased That I L-O-V-E!

Wow!  This one is SO incredibly difficult so I'll break it down into a clipart set, an educational product which I used for third grade, and an educational product I've bought for kindergarten but have yet to teach to make it a teensy bit easier.  We are so blessed to have TpT.  I have learned so much from incredible teachers around the world, it has saved me so much time, and my students have greatly benefited. The unit I loved that was so well thought out for third grade had to be Sun, Earth, and Moon Unit by Rachel Parlett of the Classroom Game Nook.  This unit had everything from unit plans, student book, smartboard resources, and a bulletin board set.  I can't tell you enough good things about it.  Click on the picture below that takes you to Rachel's blog post about this unit.
Sun, Earth, and Moon Unit (Favorite  3rd Grade Unit I've Purchased)
My favorite unit I've purchased for Kindergarten for next year is my There was an Old Lady Sub Tub activities by Primary Graffitti.  I loved them so much....I bought them all at the last TpT sale.  
Favorite Kindergarten Unit I've Purchased
My favorite clipart set is probably Ashley Hughes from The School Supply Addict's Mega Alphabet Bundles.  This girl is darn AMAZING!
Mega Alphabet Bundle by Ashley Hughes
Something From My Wish List
Jeesh...this is hard too!  How about a clipart set and an educational product???  I seriously bought $200 worth of stuff at the last TpT sale and I have about 900 items on my wish list....I know...I'm a dreamer!  Our district doesn't accept PO's for TpT though and I dread to look what I've spent this year.

A clipart item on my wish list is Little Red's A-L & M-Z Bundles.  I just love anything Little Red does because I definitely don't need another A-Z bundle as I have two already (one from Ashley Hughes and one from Graphics from the Pond.....adorbs:)



That concludes this linky and now for your little present!  

I showed you my reading records that I can't live without earlier in this linky.  Well....I pulled out one week's worth of reading records from each different reading record (five total weeks).  I hope you enjoy it....love ya all!  Just click on the picture below to take you to my TpT store where these are FREE!




O


5 comments:

  1. You just had to add to my wish list didn't you? LOL! I love those reading responses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly...that's sweet of you! I do love them. I'm hoping my kindergarten ones work as well as my others have!

      Stephanie Ann
      Sparkling in Kindergarten

      Delete
  2. Thanks for these great freebies! - great alternative questions to normal book reports.
    Cheers
    Tama

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! These resources are amazing! My wish list grew substantially after reading this, and you are so sweet to share the freebie, too. Thanks for linking up!

    Alison
    Eberopolis: Teaching Reading & Writing with Technology

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im so excited about the reading logs! I have my purchases in my cart now.

    Sending Tons of Teacher Love Your Way,

    Lori

    Second Grade Serenade

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Come back again soon...I love visitors :)


Teaching Units Including Many Free Items