And now for one of my favorite linky parties from Latoya Reed from Flying into First. This week's edition is to answer the following questions.
1. What made you decide to become a teacher?
2. What has been your most rewarding experience as a teacher?
3. If you were not a teacher, what would you be?
1. One reason I became a teacher is because of my first grade teacher, Mrs. Barksdale. I adored her! She even let me come to her house and make cookies with her back in the day. She was just so gentle and kind to every child. I was a very shy child and she respected that and never embarrassed me. I wanted to be just like her. I believe today that I teach a lot like her. I have an incredible rapport with my students because I'm kind and caring just like Mrs. Barksdale was to me.
2. There are so many rewarding experiences but the ones that stand out are the kids that personally come and see me to give me either their graduation announcement or their wedding invitation (yes...I'm that old). I know that I made a difference in their life if they are inviting me to these special occasions. This past fall I went to one of my past student's wedding and she even had my girls in her wedding...how sweet is that!
3. If I wasn't a teacher, I'd be a nurse...even though I don't do well with puke or poop..I could probably deal. I really love to help people. I've had some incredible and not so great nurses in my life. When I was pregnant I had preeclampsia really bad and was airlifted to University of Washington Medical Center. I was so serious that I had a one on one nurse and she couldn't leave my side. We became such great friends. When I had my second child, it happened again and was in the hospital for six weeks before I had her and Alison was my nurse again. We still keep in touch to this day.
I love these linkies because I love learning about all of your lives.so link up and tell us about yourself!
Have a good Tuesday!