Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Let's Get Acquainted


And now for one of my favorite linky parties from Latoya Reed from Flying into First.  This week's edition is to answer the following questions.

1.  What made you decide to become a teacher?
2. What has been your most rewarding experience as a teacher?
3. If you were not a teacher, what would you be?

1.  One reason I became a teacher is because of my first grade teacher, Mrs. Barksdale.  I adored her!  She even let me come to her house and make cookies with her back in the day.  She was just so gentle and kind to every child.  I was a very shy child and she respected that and never embarrassed me.  I wanted to be just like her.  I believe today that I teach a lot like her.  I have an incredible rapport with my students because I'm kind and caring just like Mrs. Barksdale was to me.

2.  There are so many rewarding experiences but the ones that stand out are the kids that personally come and see me to give me either their graduation announcement or their wedding invitation (yes...I'm that old).  I know that I made a difference in their life if they are inviting me to these special occasions.  This past fall I went to one of my past student's wedding and she even had my girls in her wedding...how sweet is that!

3.  If I wasn't a teacher, I'd be a nurse...even though I don't do well with puke or poop..I could probably deal.  I really love to help people.  I've had some incredible and not so great nurses in my life.  When I was pregnant I had preeclampsia really bad and was airlifted to University of Washington Medical Center.  I was so serious that I had a one on one nurse and she couldn't leave my side.  We became such great friends.  When I had my second child, it happened again and was in the hospital for six weeks before I had her and Alison was my nurse again.  We still keep in touch to this day.

I love these linkies because I love learning about all of your lives.so link up and tell us about yourself!
Have a good Tuesday!

4 comments:

  1. I was JUST about to comment on your Blog title when you emailed me! I have been slacking on blogging and reading so I missed the big news that you are moving to kindergarten!! That will be so much fun! I am (as of now) staying in third but I am trying to get into a new school and will take any grade they give me. I am afraid if I stay here I will be moved to 4th next year due to low 3rd enrollment and high 4th. I am up for trading/sharing whenever! Just let me know. I can't email you because when you comment it comes as a no reply blogger, so just email me at thirdgradetidbitsATgmailDOTcom.
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness....I will be a hot sobbing mess when/ if one of my peanuts invites me to graduation/ weddings. My first batch of 2nd graders graduated from 6th grade last year. Since our building is K-6 we do a graduation for the 6th graders. That was tough enough. I bawled through the whole thing!
    Jean
    Diving Into 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for visiting my blog! I agree with Jean I would be a bawling mess at their graduation. My kiddos now from three years ago run up to me and give me hugs and it makes me feel so special because they are now third graders and you know their is the cool factor to uphold. I would love to know that I touched a student so much they think of you at their wedding. Wow! Glad to be your newest follower.

    Cindy
    First Grade A to Z

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I was very glad to have you at my wedding and to have your girls in my wedding...It is crazy that you were my 4th grade teacher all those years ago...And now you get to help me with my crazy world in my classroom :-) This may make you feel old... but think I was 9 in your classroom and will be 25 next month crazy... Miss you Steph see you this weekend!!!!!

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Come back again soon...I love visitors :)


Teaching Units Including Many Free Items