I just can't get into the blogging thing lately. I need some sort of routine. Do you have a blogging routine? (example...Friday Freebie Day, Wednesday Whatcha Wearing, etc...). I'd love for you to share your ideas either in the comments or by email. So while I figure out a schedule for summer blogging, HERE is a quick summer word search your students might enjoy. We have our Native American project viewing all day on Thursday so I needed something to keep the
monsters darling third graders busy while people come and go.
Tuesday, May 28, 2013
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
I've been too swamped lately to think about my poor, neglected blog let alone a TpT product. I have been blog stalking lately to find anything and everything for kindergarten. I have spent so much at TpT...it's bad! But along the way, I've found some GREAT freebies. So I have decided that each Tuesday I will be sharing with you all some of the freebies I have found throughout the week! Tuesdays have always been a tough day for me so freebies just makes Tuesdays a little brighter. Here are some freebies I found this week (click on the pictures to access the freebie) :
This freebie is from the blog A Day in First Grade.
I guess we do oceans in kindergarten so I loved this ocean-themed measuring activity plus some sea turtle facts and opinions graphic organizer. Check out Kristen's blog while you are there. She has some great activities that she has done with sea turtles....with a darling craft!
As I was blog
stalking hopping...I found this site that I literally spent half the day on (you know the ones). Mrs. T's First Grade Class is an incredible blog! What I liked the most was her "book activities". She has some sort of craft/writing assignment for every one! She even posts her craftivity templates for free. You've got to check her out! I loved this Wemberly Worried book activity which comes with a Wemberly craftivity pattern as well as a writing activity to go along with it.
Real quick...another one she did for The Kissing Hand!
You can't go wrong with Donna at Math Coach's Corner. She has a link for 69 free card games (K-6)! Her sight is always amazing and I find something new there daily.
These adorable labels are from Mel Frog Spot. Everything she does turns to gold :)
Tessa Maguire has some of her cute clipart for free on TpT. Above is some cute diamond papers. No one can ever have too much clipart...right?
That's all for tonight. I'm going to keep track all week this time of the freebies I find throughout the week (so there will definitely be more...I just can't remember where I found most of mine this week). See you next Tuesday for more great freebies from fabulous and talented bloggers.
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
And now for one of my favorite linky parties from Latoya Reed from Flying into First. This week's edition is to answer the following questions.
1. What made you decide to become a teacher?
2. What has been your most rewarding experience as a teacher?
3. If you were not a teacher, what would you be?
1. One reason I became a teacher is because of my first grade teacher, Mrs. Barksdale. I adored her! She even let me come to her house and make cookies with her back in the day. She was just so gentle and kind to every child. I was a very shy child and she respected that and never embarrassed me. I wanted to be just like her. I believe today that I teach a lot like her. I have an incredible rapport with my students because I'm kind and caring just like Mrs. Barksdale was to me.
2. There are so many rewarding experiences but the ones that stand out are the kids that personally come and see me to give me either their graduation announcement or their wedding invitation (yes...I'm that old). I know that I made a difference in their life if they are inviting me to these special occasions. This past fall I went to one of my past student's wedding and she even had my girls in her wedding...how sweet is that!
3. If I wasn't a teacher, I'd be a nurse...even though I don't do well with puke or poop..I could probably deal. I really love to help people. I've had some incredible and not so great nurses in my life. When I was pregnant I had preeclampsia really bad and was airlifted to University of Washington Medical Center. I was so serious that I had a one on one nurse and she couldn't leave my side. We became such great friends. When I had my second child, it happened again and was in the hospital for six weeks before I had her and Alison was my nurse again. We still keep in touch to this day.
I love these linkies because I love learning about all of your lives.so link up and tell us about yourself!
Have a good Tuesday!
Sunday, May 12, 2013
I'm in a great mood this morning! It's finally cooled down a bit (It's been over 100 degrees the past week...and this is in Washington State)! So I have decided to have a little sale in my TpT store. It will be a
BUY TWO GET ONE FREE. Free item needs to be of equal of lesser value. This is how it works. Buy two items normally and then email me the items you bought as well as the item you want for free. I will then email you the free file ASAP. This is my mother's day gift from me to you! We mothers are the hardest working people I know and this is just a little token to celebrate all that you do. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday, May 11, 2013
I forgot on my last post to share with you my new product. My obsessions are owls, polka dots, and chevron so....I combined them all together to make a classroom sign pack.
Everything Owls with Chevron & Polka Dots
What a Sale! I went WAY overboard but I'm grasping for any kindergarten products that I can get my hands on whether it's clipart or units. I have been saving money since the last sale to buy some kinder materials in this sale. Check out my gems!
My kinders are going to have the best of the best with all this stuff! I also wanted to tell you about a website I found. If you like chevron, you'll love The Mint Julep Boutique!
Here's a couple of dresses I just ordered!
I'm chevron obsessed so I think these are adorable.
So head on over to The Mint Julep and start shopping!
Have a great day!
Monday, May 6, 2013
This little poster designed by Hope King tells it all this week!
My store will be 20% off and TpT is offering an extra 10% off for Teacher's Appreciation. My cart is already full for my first round tomorrow :) Use code TAD13 during checkout to get TpT's discount...mine will automatically start at midnight tonight....Shop On!
Sunday, May 5, 2013
I've been an awful blogger lately...I'm so sorry :( I've been SO busy trying to finish up my year in 3rd Grade, we've been state testing the last week (our last test was Friday I either got the stomach flu or food poisoning and barely made it half the day to administer the test! I have been going through 18 years of teaching materials as I'm getting stuff packed to move to my new school right as school gets out, getting kindergarten materials ready for next year, etc... It's been a busy last couple of weeks. I still plan to make a lot of upper grade level products b/c I will definitely miss my thirdsters yet I'm so excited for this change of schools and grade levels...I can't even tell you. It was just time for a change. Here's a few new products I've recently finished...they are classroom poster sets which include alphabet posters (cursive & print), number posters (1-20) with ten frames, shape posters (includes intermediate shapes as well as primary shapes), and Word Wall Headers. I made these in three different themes. A chevron inspired theme, a polka dot inspired theme, and my personal favorite...a chevron & polka dot theme. I'm going to make an owl themed one as well this weekend. I do plan to add to these as well so if you get it now...you'll get it for a cheaper price and will be able to re-download all the new stuff as I add it.
|Chevron & Polka Dot Classroom Posters Pack|
|Chevron Inspired Classroom Posters Pack|
|Polka Dot Inspired Classroom Posters Pack|