Thursday, April 18, 2013

Quiz-Quiz-Trade with Task Cards

As you've probably noticed, I've been making a lot of task cards lately.  I would love hear some inventive way you use task cards.  My latest craze has been Kagan's Quiz-Quiz-Trade.  Each child gets a task card and finds a partner.  The partners take turn answering each other's task cards, complimenting them, then giving a gentle high five or congratulations.  When they are ready for a new partner they raise their hand and look around...when they see someone they have yet to partner with they point at each other (this prevents them shouting out each other's names which happens a lot anyways... despite my protests).  Here's two quick videos of my students playing Quiz-Quiz-Trade.

video


video

So tell me?  What inventive things do you do with task cards?  Leave a comment telling me an inventive thing you've done with task cards and tomorrow at 5:00 p.m.  I'll pick a random winner to choose ANY 5 ITEMS FROM MY TpT STORE.  Make sure to leave me your email address in your message.  Bring on the ideas...I can't wait to learn from you!


6 comments:

  1. I L-O-V-E task cards! Kagan activities are great to do with task cards like your mentioned! Your videos are precious :) I love using QR codes on my task cards, playing SCOOT with task cards, making task cards into HOT DOTS for self checking purposes and also getting the kids up and moving by taping task cards around the room as a "scavenger hunt".

    Thanks for sharing!
    -Julie
    The Techie Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do task card competitions with my third graders. The groups and stakes differ depending on how skilled the students are at the task cards I am using. Can be boys against girls, our class vs another third grade class, a weekly competition between "tables" for the most task cards completely correctly..... Prizes include lining up first for a week, extra computer time, choose the computer site for a day or anything that is currently wanted that is free for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I play scoot, do hallway hunts, room hunts, tape them on each others backs :) all kinds of things! We have a blast with them this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your idea...going to try it next week! (Because the shouting out would kill me, too!) I have done task card scavenger hunts, too, since mine struggle with moving desks in a pattern in scoot! SO why not go everywhere with a purpose?

    tokyoshoes (at) hotmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What i do not understood is if truth be told how you're no longer actually a lot more smartly-favored than you may be now. You are so intelligent. You understand thus considerably with regards to this subject, made me personally consider it from so many numerous angles. Its like men and women are not interested except it's something to accomplish with Lady gaga!
    Your individual stuffs outstanding. All the time maintain it up!


    Stop by my web-site - http://bit.ly

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your idea. After years of kindergarten, I tended to do scavenger hunts with task cards. I think my third graders can use a change!

    Deb

    debinderry@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Come back again soon...I love visitors :)


Teaching Units Including Many Free Items