Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Linkies Galore

It's so nice to be on spring break and be able to blog hop.  I miss doing that...  Today I went into the classroom and just cleaned for 3 hours!  I still had papers and packets left out places from Thanksgiving...I know...gross.  I just got so bogged down and behind that I needed a day like today to clean.  I filled up two HUGE garbage bags full of stuff. I feel so much lighter :)  Tomorrow I have a minor surgery so I won't be up to do anything but sitting here blog hopping for the rest of the week.  I'm nervous though about being put under.  I hate that one minute your awake and the next you're waking up....but in pain...ugh!  
Today I loaded up on some linkies.

The first one is "Anticipating the Month Ahead" sponsored by Literacy Spark.

The next linky is sponsored by Flying into First.  It is my favorite linky every week, "Let's Get Aquainted".  I love reading all your every week.  You can always tell who you would really get along with if you lived close to each other.

Last but definitely not least....the linky above all linkies.....Currently April sponsored by Oh Boy, Fourth Grade!


Late last night I also finished my latest task card installation.....Homophones Task Cards & Scoot Game.  My kids severely struggle with homophones so these task cards were necessary.  There are 28 task cards with 56 total homophones (2 per card), a response sheet, an answer key, a title card, and directions how to play Scoot with task cards.  I think with this set of task cards I'm going to play Quiz-Quiz-Trade.  I have this aversion to worksheets.  I hope the kids do well on the state test despite this.  It's just so boring for me and I know if it's boring for me...it is for the students ten fold.









19 comments:

  1. Found you via rule of three/Currently posts... I agree, I need a pedicure! Also, I just got a new puppy, so the whining is something I am familiar with, though I prefer it to her little yelpy new puppy barks =) I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stephanie, I found you on Farley's currently as well! My feet are about to go into boots for the Autumn/Winter weather that has just started here in Australia, they are a bit sad to not be wearing sandals anymore, haha. Your blog looks great, I teach third grade as well and love finding third grade blogs to follow!

    Tania
    Mrs Poultney's Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stephanie,
    I'm visiting you through 'Let's Get Acquainted' Linky and am glad I have found you. What a cute blog! Love how you have set out your favorite things! Am a new follower.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! A new computer. How fun! Your blog is so cute! I can't wait to explore the rest of it!
    Have a wonderful day!
    ❀Beth Ann❀
    Taming My Flock of Firsties
    tamingmyflockoffirsties@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Stephanie. I love your blog! I love Baskin Robbins too. When I was little we had one close by and my favorite was a sugar cone with mint chocolate chip. We don't have any in my state now - they are all gone. And it was always just the best ever to have one of their ice cream cakes for my birthday! Not sure why they are all gone - Marble Slab and Cold Stone are the big ice cream places now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found your blog through the Let's Get Acquainted party. I love the way you showed your favorite things. You have a cute blog and I'm glad I found you. Hope things go well with your minor surgery. I had surgery on my knee in the fall and I was so nervous about being put under. But everything went well.
    Ms. Kerri and her Krazy Klass

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely need a pedicure too!! Loving the warm weather! :)

    Molly
    Lessons with Laughter

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness...our lives are so parallel!! I sit at my computer and the dogs (yep, I've got two!) want to go in and out, in and out, in and out. So irritating!! I am dreading the long haul before summer break too...I know I will be using some of those "sick days." With my luck...I'll really be sick when I use them!! Ha ha!! Hang in there friend!

    Kathy O.
    Third Grade Doodles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've missed you Kath! I'm headed over to your giveaway right now! I'll blog it later too :) Love ya girl!

      Stephanie Ann

      Delete
  9. Your newest scoot game looks great!

    Deb

    debinderry@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deb! I've got a class of squirly ones this year and Scoot is one thing that keeps them focused so I use it A LOT :)

      Stephanie Ann

      Delete
  10. Hi Stephanie,

    I just started following your blog. Thanks for linking up! I love how you said you hate worksheets and hope that your kids do well on the tests regardless. I have that issue in my school...I want to use real books instead of "passages" and I am always crossing my fingers it pays off! Enjoy the rest of your break!

    Jessica
    Literacy Spark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica...I love your blog! I'm really worried for the test this year. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only with such "issues". I just want my students to learn in the best way I know how...and worksheets just don't do it for me...or students (in my opinion). I get so bored and I'm sure they do too!

      Stephanie Ann

      Delete
  11. what a beautiful blog you have here! Sharing the love, I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So excited to have you and thank you! I'm heading over to your blog right now :)

      Stephanie Ann

      Delete
  12. We love your blog! Looking forward to keeping up with your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I adore your blog as well. I look forward to getting to know you :)

      Stephanie Ann

      Delete
  13. That was such a great idea how you did your Let's get acquainted pic... what font did you use??
    Your newest follower,
    Vanessa
    Kindergarten Schmindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vanessa...
      Thank you...I think I used A Cupcake for the Teacher's "cupcake sugary". She has the best fonts and just added some more to her store the other day. I'm heading over there to buy them right now! I'm excited to see a kinder teacher over here. I'm so excited to work with you all!

      Stephanie Ann

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! Come back again soon...I love visitors :)


Teaching Units Including Many Free Items