Monday, April 1, 2013

It's Spring Break Freebie

Yay!!!  It's spring break.  I've literally been sleeping in until about 10 every morning so far. However, I've been staying up past midnight working on products.  I'm working on a HUGE emergency sub tub.  All you will need to do is make the copies you need, stick it on a shelf, and your ENTIRE WEEK will be planned out.  I'll put the first day on TpT first so that you can see how it's laid out.  Then I'll finish the rest of the week.  I got put in the hospital suddenly for a week once and these plans would have been nice!  I'm working on making it editable too....so that's been taking a lot of time and should be ready in a couple of weeks.  I have, however, taken some breaks to work on some smaller projects I needed done for my classroom.  Here's a peak to what I've finished so far.




The first thing I needed was a parts of speech review.  So I made this cute little springy center to my kiddos ready for the state test.  My students respond so much better to centers and things of that sort than a worksheet to practice (most do I think).  It's pretty simple.  There are flower pots labeled noun, verb, adjective, and adverb.  Students put the correct word in the appropriate flower pot.  The tricky thing is that there are common, proper, and plural nouns.  The verbs used are regular verbs, linking, and helping.  Adjectives include regular adjectives as well as comparative, and superlative.  Adverbs are just the basic how, when, and where adverbs.

Next, I made some task cards for balancing equations.  This is SO difficult for my thirdsters this year.  So I created Balancing Equations Task Cards & Scoot Game for Younger Students.  They respond well to task cards especially if I incorporate it into a game like Scoot, Quiz-Quiz-Trade, Back to Back, Numbered Heads Together, etc...  Those are the most common games I play with task cards.  Anyone have other games that word well with task cards?



I also finished up my Questioning Mini Unit that I'd been working on for a couple of weeks.  It comes complete with CCSS I Can statements for kids, anchor charts, lesson plans, and a huge book list of books that are good to use with questioning.





I'm getting to your freebie...I promise!  The last thing I finally got finished was my compare and contrast shapes task cards.  These hit your ELA and Math Standards...both at once.  They are comparing and contrasting (ELA) 2D & 3D shapes (Math).  Our district is very particular and how students respond to compare and contrast questions.  So the task card response sheet is written in that language to get the kids used to writing it that way.  It's great practice for both standards.  I'm going to use these for my observation when I get back from break.




Now...for the freebie :)  I wanted some logical reasoning task cards but couldn't find any that weren't either to difficult or too easy for this group of students.  My students this year DO NOT have great logical reasoning or problem solving skills.  This is true in real life situations as well...it's been a l-o-n-g year!  So here are some Logical Reasoning Task Cards for you to use with your students.  Just click HERE or one of the pictures below to download this product.




Have a good day!



5 comments:

  1. I can't believe how busy you have been! My class definitely likes task card activities - especially if it involves getting to move around! Thanks for the freebie.

    Looking From Third to Fourth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you get a chance can you send me a quick email, I have a quick question for you.

      amgooding@rogers.com

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing!

    Deb

    debinderry@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your task card freebie! I think about half of my kids have great logical reasoning, but then the other half... well, it makes things interesting! :)

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! Love your new products!! I love your questioning unit....looks like you've worked really hard on that one!! I will be emailing you about my upcoming 100 follower giveaway! Hope all is well!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Come back again soon...I love visitors :)


Teaching Units Including Many Free Items