Friday, March 22, 2013

Five For Friday with a Freebie or Two


Happy Friday peeps!  I'm home with a sick child so I'm actually getting some things caught up...including my blog.  A lot of happenings this week so here are my Five for Friday.  Link up by clicking the button above...the more the merrier!

1.  If you read my truths and a lie for the Getting Acquainted Linky   HERE....my answers are.....
 #1...TRUTH...yes I married my high school sweetheart.  This September will be our 19th year of marriage (am I really that old???).  He is a firefighter and going for captain too!  I couldn't be more in love or more proud of him!
The fam before Carrie Underwood Concert!

#2....LIE ....I can't stand birds.  And if you read my post before I updated it...it actually said "I'm scared of birds."  I meant that to be my lie but actually told the truth on all three (airhead or truthful...who really knows :) So...I updated it to say I LOVE BIRDS!  Which is absolutely, totally, completely a LIE.  They scare me to death.  The funny thing about this is...my classroom is decorated with owls.  Go figure!  I only like the cute, paper, cut out kinds...real owls actually freak me out :)

#3...Sadly the TRUTH....I don't watch too much tv but when I do watch tv...it's reality tv.  I don't have a great attention span so that's why I don't watch dramas or series on television...I don't like watching movies at all...cannot sit still for that long:)  

2.  I've been playing Scoot with many of my task cards I have made or bought.  Check my collection of task cards HERE.  I've made a few more this week.  My kids love Scoot!  They don't realize that all they are really doing is a worksheet with 24 problems!!!  It's amazing what turning something into a game can do for a child's attitude about the same content.  Here's a couple pics of them trying to compare fractions...so they had a whiteboard with them to either draw them out or cross multiply to add their <, >, or =.


3.  I mentioned in #2 that I've made some new task cards with rules for Scoot included just in case.  These are a few that I worked on this week.  You can tell we're getting ready for state testing by the types of task cards I'm making lately.  Really fun task cards are in the works and will be ready in the spring when "THE TEST" is finally over.

Elapsed Time Task Cards
Algebraic Expressions Task Cards  For example 9 - x  = 2
Grades 1-2 Word Problems Task Cards
Balancing Equations Task Cards
Here are a few of my new sets.  I added some primary task cards for those 1-2 graders too. And if you click here and here you will find my task card FREEBIES  from previous posts.

4.  I SO love Easter...especially bunnies...adorable little bunnies!  Ok..I have a sad little story to share really quick.  Long story short...I had a bunny when I was little that I absolutely adored.  My dad made me keep it outside during the winter and I thought it would be too cold so my dad put some sort of heating lamp in the cage for Fluffy.  In the middle of the night, my parents woke up to the screeching sound of my bunny.  The cage had caught on fire...killing my Fluffy...and almost burning down our house.  It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it.  I was devastated!  But if that bunny wouldn't have screamed, our entire house would have caught fire and we may not be alive today.  Anyway...sad story but that's the reason I love bunnies so much.  So now to the point of this...I just made The Easter Bunny is Missing!!!! Craftivity.  They write a story related to a the book The Easter Bunny is Missing and then create an adorable, floppy-eared bunny (like Fluffy).  When you display them, the writing portion goes under the belly so the belly flips up with the story underneath.  Too cute!
The Easter Bunny is Missing Craftivity

5.  I didn't realize how busy I've been this week.  It feels so good to have a productive week.  So now it's time for a little FREEBIE!  I made a 26 page pack of printables to do in April.  The April Printables Pack covers the holidays Easter, April Fool's Day, and Earth Day.  The concepts covered in this packet are:
synonyms & antonyms
April word search
proofreading 
Earth Day Mini Book
congruent shapes
time (to five minutes)
3 digit addition
3 digit subtraction
basic multiplication
2 by 1 multiplication
problem solving
ABC order
ordering numbers
homophones
poetry
adjectives
pictograph with questions

My kids are actually starting this today with my sub so I'll let you know how well it works.  It's very easy for you to prepare.  It's all blacklined so you just copy and print.  It includes fun games and activities for students to work on at their desk to allow you some time for assessment, sub plans, or just some down time.  It's ALL meaningful material as well as fun for the kids!
Here's where the freebie comes in.  Click HERE to download a page of my April Printables Pack.  It's the congruent shapes page.  There are a bunch of eggs in an easter basket with two shapes on each egg.  If the shapes are congruent, they color the egg.  If the shapes are not congruent, the egg remains uncolored.  Enjoy your freebie as well as your weekend!


Preview of April Printables Pack



FREEBIE!



6 comments:

  1. WOW! You have been busy! Look at all your new task cards - I must look into scoot!

    Alison
    Teaching Maths with Meaning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Weekend! I'm your newest follower. Thanks for sharing about your week and for the freebie.

    Emily
    I Love My Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't see a way to contact you privately.
    Will you email me please - ShopSunnyDays@me.com.
    Thanks
    Denise
    Sunny Days In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on scoot. I usually play music to signal when to move. I love the shocked look when they realize the work they did while traveling around the room. = )

    Your Easter Printables looks awesome!

    Enjoy your weekend!

    Jenny
    Suntans and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the second blog I've come across with country fans...I love it. I"m a Nashville girl so I love any and all things country. Love your blog!
    Elizabeth
    Kickin’ it in Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your task cards. Thanks for sharing. I'm your newest follower.
    Hunter's Tales from Teaching

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Come back again soon...I love visitors :)


Teaching Units Including Many Free Items