Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Currently and a freebie (of sorts)...




My mind's going fraction crazy right now.  I do this every time I teach fractions so I must be uncomfortable with how I teach it.  I need some fresh and new ideas...so I've been blog stalking hopping.  I have found so many great ideas!  You are all such wonderful teachers that it's actually kind of intimidating.  I've learned so much from you all...so thank you.  Here's a new task cards set and Scoot game I just made.....Comparing Fractions Task Cards and Scoot Game.  Check it out!


Next....
I sincerely can't draw and most of my craft projects look like a kindergartener made them....so remember that before you grab the pictures below!  I needed some different fraction lines to make a worksheet so I just started playing around on powerpoint.  I had no idea you could even "select all" and then "save as picture" until I accidentally did it.  I didn't measure or anything because I just needed a quick worksheet but feel free to grab them if you feel like you could use them.  Maybe when I have more time, I'll think about doing this with a ruler but I'm just too tired right now.

Sixths Fraction Line

Halves Fraction Line

Thirds Fraction Line

Fourths Fraction Line
Have a fantastic Thursday!

7 comments:

  1. I hope your neck feels better real soon! It seems neck pain has to be the worse than any other to me. I am your newest follower. I love your banner and can't wait to see more posts.

    Dee
    Mrs. B's Nook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited you are my newest follower...thank you! I'm headed over to check out your blog right now :) I blew two discs in my neck a few years ago, had surgery to have them fused, everything was great....but now it's been hurting again and it looks like the fuse is coming loose...ahhh! I go in for an MRI next week to see what's really going on...I live on icy hot and the heating pad! Thank you for your concern...that's sweet :)

      Stephanie Ann

      Delete
  2. I think only fellow teachers understand your desire for your own personal laminator -- my husband thought I was crazy when I first mentioned the idea to him! :) But I got mine off Amazon for less than $20, and it works wonderfully -- I think you can find it if you search for "scotch laminator."

    Hope your neck feels better soon!
    ~Mrs. K. from The Teacher Garden Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't be able to live without my laminator! It was only $20, I purchase 200 sheets for less than $20 at Sam's, and the quality of lamination is MUCH higher than my school's. You will love it! I need to snag you pink glitter button, so cute & true!!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm heading there right now...even though I should be getting ready for work! I guess third graders don't care what you look like...right :)

      Stephanie Ann

      Delete
  4. I came over from Farley's! I am your newest follower!
    I would love for you to link up anything technology you might have at my newest feature, Thursday's Tech Tips for Teachers!
    Fern's Thursday's Tech Tips for Teachers!
    ~Fern
    Fern Smith's Classroom Ideas!
    Fern Smith's Pinterest Boards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A massage and a snow day... man, you've got me wishing for that combination! :) I think fractions are such a tough thing to teach right, and such an important thing, too. Thanks for sharing some great ideas!

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Come back again soon...I love visitors :)


Teaching Units Including Many Free Items