Sunday, February 24, 2013

A concert, a new product, and a freebie...oh my!

This has been a tough couple of weeks in a lot of ways, but also some fun too :)  I was able to go and see Carrie Underwood and Hunter Hayes (my new little crush even though I could probably be his mom :) in concert.  They were amazing!  My girls were thrilled and I'm sure my husband was drooling :)
Carrie Underwood

Carrie Underwood and Hunter Hayes
The only thing that was wrong with this is that I'm still sick!  I just can't kick this cold and now I know why.  I finally decided to go to the dreaded "walk-in clinic" today (Sunday).  It was packed but I felt terrible enough to stay so after a couple of hours I finally learned that I had bronchitis, a sinus infection, as well as an eye infection (they've been goopy for a week...sorry...TMI).  I'm glad I went knowing that it would have only gotten worse without antibiotics and an inhaler for the bronchitis.  So I'm looking forward to finally starting to feel better in a day or so.
During our drive (6 hours to and from the concert) I was able to work on a couple requested projects.  I've been wanting to get them done and I finally had the time to do it.  My girls were so good on the 6 hour trip...not even one fight....amazing!!!!
My first project was my Weekly Reading Records Grouped by Reading Strategy.  I usually work on a strategy a week and then spiral my way through the year.  So....I made 7 different weeks of reading records with seven different strategies (one strategy per week).  These strategies include the following:

1.  Determining Importance
2.  Visualizing
3. Inferring
4.  Summarizing
5.  Synthesizing
6. Questioning
7.  Making Connections

They are also aligned to the Common Core Standards too!   A lot of people use these for their home reading logs (a place for parent signature and minutes read are on these for you) .  I have also had a lot of people comment that they are using these during literacy centers, daily 5, homework, and much more!  I'm so glad you are all so creative b/c you gave me more ideas to use these in the classroom.

Below is the week on Sythesizing.





If you would like to check this product out, just click HERE.  If you would like a little freebie of one of the weeks (Synthesizing) click HERE.  I hope you like it. I would also like to give away one of these to the first three people to pin it and then leave the pin url with your email address for me to send you the file.  Just a little thank you for following my blog even though I've been a little MIA lately.  So thank you for following anyway!

 Stay tuned for another product with a freebie included tomorrow!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Love these. They look awesome.
    Ursula
    http://pinterest.com/pin/279786195572757491/
    ugamler@boyertownasd.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I've pinned it!

    I hope you feel better soon! I'm sorry you have been sick!!

    cutesyclickables@gmail.com
    Amanda

    http://pinterest.com/pin/23362491789259121/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And, I'm so jealous you got to see Carrie and Hunter!! How fun!!

      Delete
  3. http://pinterest.com/pin/39617671694480556/

    That concert looks amazing! Sorry you're so sick! Feel better soon. Thanks for sharing these response logs!
    reyesremarkablerants at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey chickie!!
    I know how you feel...I have the plague too...sinus, cough, aches, energy drain. It's going on 2 weeks now. I guess I should go to the doc...I'm so bad about that. I hope you are on the road to recovery!! Love your new product!
    Love, Kathy O.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Come back again soon...I love visitors :)


Teaching Units Including Many Free Items