Wednesday, January 9, 2013

LOTS of Array Freebies!

My poor little neglected blog...:(  I'm sorry it's been a week.  I've never felt so overwhelmed in my life.  I just can't seen to get everything to "click" into place no matter how hard I work.  I think my type a personality must have a little to do with it.  If I start writing a page and I don't like something like my letter formation, etc...I will rip out the page and start another one...even in my own personal journal...now that's sad.  I guess I just like things how I like them :)
I've been crazy busy in the classroom lately too.  It seems like I haven't sat down until 6 or 7 o'clock for the last few weeks.  You know when you get that overwhelming dread that testing is soon approaching and your students are nowhere near ready??? That's me!  My kids are still working on multiplication and division.  I thought we'd be done by now but no such luck.  Today a fellow teacher and I planned an intervention for those kiddos who were still struggling with arrays.  I took the "struggling" group.  We drew them, graphed them, chanted them, played games with them (thanks to the amazing, Mary at Pitner's Potpourri).   This woman is amazing and makes the most wonderful games and activities...for free!  She had four perfect array games (Rounding Up 
Arrays, Skating Around Arrays, Falling Into Arrays, & Hip Hip Array) plus a great assessment for the end of the intervention.  I even sent a couple of the games home with some students that are still struggling.  Thank you Mary...you are a doll!
Your last array freebie is a quick craftivity I created on the fly one day.  Each child gets a sun, makes an array from a random flash card I handed out, writes an "array of sunshine" multiplication sentence, and an "array of sunshine" story problem to go with their array.  You can click on the pictures or grab a copy for free HERE.










  I hope it helps you in some way.  Like I said...I did it on the fly so if you have any questions, just send me a message and I'll try and help you all I can.
I promise to be a better blogger this week and look for my new Opinion Writing Groundhogs Day Craftivity (comes with posters, anchor charts, planning template, scoot game, modeling examples, and an adorable groundhog craft).  It should be ready in my store on Saturday if you're interested.  I'll "blog" you when I finish.  
Take care of yourselves and have a good Thursday!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for stopping by my giveaway!! I know what you mean about having like 500 items on your TPT wish list! Thank you for the links to the array activities. Many of my 4th graders still struggle with this too. I am your newest follower:)
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you stopped by and that you can appreciate my ever growing TpT wish list...a girl can dream I guess :) I hope the array activity works out for you...I feel like I've tried everything I can think of and a couple are still struggling.

      Stephanie Ann

      Delete
  2. Oh Stephanie! I know exactly how you feel! It can get so overwhelming sometimes! Hang in there and know that you are doing the best you can!

    We are still working on multiplication and division in 4th too, and I had them review multiplication and realized many of them had forgotten!!! Ahhhhhhhh!!! Testing is so stressful for those of who are Type A and want everything to be just right, in our lives and in our classrooms!!

    Thank you so much for sharing these freebies! They are so helpful!

    Don't stress about your blog! We all get pulled in different directions! I think you are awesome and I love having you as a blogging buddy and if there is ever anything I can do, you let me know!!! I'll be glad to help!

    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Come back again soon...I love visitors :)


Teaching Units Including Many Free Items