Sunday, January 27, 2013

I Confess....I'm Hooked....

I have to confess that I am now hooked.........on making lapbooks!  They are just so much fun to make as well as extremely educational.  We did one last week on division and I think my students learned more than they have all year!  I even switched with another 3rd grade teacher in my building and did some of it with their class as well.  So that inspired me (on my three day weekend)  Yes, we have another three dayer due to "record's day".  It's a non-contract day but it's just nice to have in dreary January.  We NEVER get snow days here....it could snow two feet and they'd still have us come to school...and on time to boot!  So these chippy days every now and then are nice to have.
Sorry...back to the the topic at hand....Lapbooks.  I was then inspired to try my own hand at one for President's Day.  Check it out...







Granted...these are only samples made by me and not the "finished product" from one of my little darlings.  Their finished product will hopefully have more color, pictures, and designs.  There's also a lot of clipart up close that you just can't see.  I got the cutest sets for President's Day from Scrappin Doodles, KPM Doodles, and Ashley Hughes....just adorable...I wish you could see them better.  I just put one together really quick to show you and to make sure all the foldables went together as planned.  Now I'm inspired to do them for everything! 

So...the first two people leave a comment with their email will get this unit....for FREE!

  I'm off to watch the Housewives and start making another lapbook.  Have a great week.

5 comments:

  1. Looks awesome! I am collecting what I can to use the week of President's Day!

    Christina :)
    Apples, Books, and Crayons
    applesbooksandcrayons@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great!

    Cheriemae@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woke up to a snow day today....yes!!!!!! It was actually ice that did the trick. I am in heaven!! Hope all is well and I love your foldable. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No snow days for me ever, either, except I'm in AZ. Love this lap book. My kids just are SO SLOW at making them. Any advice there? How much time do you plan for this to take in your room?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, dang. I follow you by email and this just came through. I'm too late! This looks so cute!! I keep seeing lapbooks everywhere!! Cute cute!

    And if we ever get snow, the state will shut down so...I'd rather not have snow. Unless it's a Saturday and then it's gone by Monday. But that's it. 3 years ago (I was 8 mos pregnant with my 3rd child)we were out of school for a week because of the snow and didn't have power (just for a few hours). I thought for sure I'd go into labor and have to get to the hospital in treacherous (6 inches of non-threatening snow) conditions but luckily, I did not go into labor! ;O)

    And none of that has to do with the lapbook, but I just thought I'd share. :O)

    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Come back again soon...I love visitors :)


Teaching Units Including Many Free Items