Saturday, December 1, 2012

Things I'm Loving...PLUS a Blog Exclusive Freebie

I'm really loving these new browser options I downloaded.  They've probably been around forever, but they are new to me.  I've used these for a month or so now and I wanted to share them with you.  The first thing I'm loving is called pocket!  I first learned of this from Ashley at The School Supply Addict.  I love her Tech Tuesdays not to mention her clipart....it is my absolute favorite!  One of her Tech Tuesday posts was about Pocket. What you are basically doing is saving things for later.  I don't know about you but I have bookmarked a TON of things but I never seem to make it back to them.  Pocket saves the link and images to your browser so when you're ready to read it or pull up the site...you just click the pocket icon on your browser and it's all there for you.  For example, I came across a blog the other day at school that talked about student-led conferences.  I really wanted to read it but didn't have time.  So instead of bookmarking  another site I just right-clicked (for PC's)  or ctrl clicked (for Macs) on the page.  Last night when I could catch my breath and finally have time to read it...it was right there for me.  Here is a screenshot from a page in my pocket query so that you can see what it looks like.



Where has this been all my life...I love it!  It's also available for your phone and multiple browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc...).  It's worth checking out so click on the pocket icon below for a short clip on how to use it. It's so cool!




Another Thing I'm obsessed with loving is....


 It is very similar to pocket but just saves only images for you along with the url. All you have to do is download the button onto your browser (like pocket).  When you find an image you want to save, right click, and it's saved.  Easy Peasie!  I won't go into detail about this one but you can check it out HERE.  I just found this so I don't have much but here's a screenshot of what it looks like when you click the icon on your browser. 


You can even add it to your facebook if you're a facebooker :)

One last thing....
I'm so appreciative of those of you that follow me that I'm going to start posting some "blog exclusive" freebies.  Meaning....it costs money in my TpT store but if you are reading my blog....you get it for FREE.  Yep...for free :)  It's just a thank you for stopping by my blog.  I'm really loving this blogging thing too.  I've met so many incredible people.  It's been a life changer in my teaching practices as well as it has revived my enthusiasm for teaching again.  I think I was in a slump for a while and blogging has changed that.  So thank you to all who have inspired me.  I can't tell you how much it is appreciated.  Have a good day.  It's Christmas tree getting day for us....

Happy Holidays Owl Banner "Blog Exclusive" FREEBIE







1 comment:

  1. Thank you for stopping by my blog! I am your newest follower. You have such wonderful and creative ideas. I can't wait to share them with my class.
    Darleen
    Third Grade Love

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Come back again soon...I love visitors :)


Teaching Units Including Many Free Items