Saturday, November 17, 2012

Family...Factors...& Foldables!

I've been a terrible blogger this week.  It was so much easier when I was on leave and not working.  I've been up to the wee hours (of the next morning) trying to get caught up along with working on TpT units.  I need to not be so a-d-d and finish a project before starting another one...I hope you can all relate :)  This year has flown by like no other!  I can't believe it's already Thanksgiving.  I'm so thankful for so many things but most importantly I'm thankful for my family.  They are always the ones who are there when everyone else is not.  I'm blessed with an amazing family.  We support each other and are there for each other through thick and thin.  Here are a couple pictures of my fam... These were taken a few years ago but they were the last family pictures we took and the only pictures I could find of everyone and their families...missing a few that have been born since.  We'll take some new ones this Christmas.

My adorable mom and dad
My older sister Christi and her family


my family

My youngest sister and her family minus Kennedy (wasn't born yet)

My sisters and I
My sister Heather isn't in a family on because she is still single and she wouldn't let me put one on of just her :)

The Fam

I'm so very fortunate to say the least.

In school this week we're learning multiplication.  I've been working on a multiplication unit because our curriculum is severely lacking but don't have it done quite yet.  I was searching for fun ways to teach multiplication when I found these videos (there are 8 of them total) on multiplication tips to remember your facts.


Rap-Ability Hip Hop Multiplication: Part 1

The kids loved the videos so I decided to take it a little further with a foldable.  I had them get 7 different papers in different colors and fold them into a flip book.  I had to help with this because this is their first flip book but next time it should be a lot easier.  I had them title each flap with a title of each video and then give the definition and examples of each multiplication tip.  These will now be hung in the hallway for a bit and then go in their interactive notebooks.  They worked so hard on this.  I was so proud of my little talkative class :)




Hopefully most of you enjoy your WEEK off.  I only have half of Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday off so I'm insanely jealous of you all "week off'ers".

....a couple more thing....my friend Gina at Third Grade Tidbits is have a 100 Follower Giveaway!  She has some awesome units to win...head on over because it ends soon!!!

&
Nicole at Teaching With Style is giving away a comb binder.  Can you imagine all you could do with this!


Good Luck!

4 comments:

  1. I can definitely relate Stephanie Ann! I start working on a booklet, then don't want to leave until I have finished it! Then I start to get anxious about when I am going to finish it! Ah well, they all get done eventually! I just always do TpT instead of correction.... oops!

    Your family photos are adorable! I especially like the one taken up high of the whole family. Adorable! Thanks for sharing!

    Alison
    Teaching Maths with Meaning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Stephanie! Nevermind my comment about the video...found it! Right here! :) You're blog is adorable BTW!

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I nominated your blog for the Liebster Award for new bloggers. Check out my blog post for all the details! If you have already been nominated I am sorry and don't worry about answering my questions!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Come back again soon...I love visitors :)


Teaching Units Including Many Free Items