Thursday, November 29, 2012

Don't Eat the Gingerbread Man!

I'm procrastinating happily getting ready this morning and thought I'd come by and say hey.  At least I have a double prep today :)  I'm going to start my new writing unit, "Don't Eat the Gingerbread Persuasive Writing Craftivity" today.  Students have to write a story as if they were a gingerbread man trying to persuade the reader not to eat them.  They also have to form an opinion and talk the reader into their opinion. It also includes a craftivity, optional gingerbread recipes, 3 different writing templates, graphic organizers, etc..It is Common Core Correlated  and includes I can statement for students.  If you want to check it out...here it is.


One of the graphic organizers

Well...I've procrastinated enough and it's time to get ready...Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like such a cute activity!! I am saving it for next year in my wish list. I wish I had time to do it now but I don't :(
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too cute...and Common Core...too much to ask for!! Persuasive writing can be a challenge for my thirties...this could really get them into it. It's going into my cart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls...I don't even know if I'm going to have time to do it this year. I did a turkey persuasive similar to this but I must not have modeled very well because they took it in a "different direction" meaning....it wasn't a persuasive by the end (LOL). So when I made this one, I put in the modeling piece to be sure they stayed on track. I'm glad you like it. I'm stuck on what to work on next.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Come back again soon...I love visitors :)


Teaching Units Including Many Free Items