Thursday, October 25, 2012

Back to School...YaY!

I go back to school on Monday!  I'm super excited, yet stressed as well.  Staying in my pajamas, blogging, working on units, and crafting are easy things to get used to :)  I'm psyched to get to see my kiddos and actually teach...it's the meetings, benchmarks, and testing that I dread.  Wouldn't it be nice to just be able to teach without all that???

As I was thinking about what to teach when I get back on Monday...reading comprehension strategies came to my mind first.  Hopefully by now they have Daily 5 (or Daily 4 in my classroom) and M.A.T.H workshop down. So yesterday I made a unit on monitoring comprehension.  I'm planning to making units for the rest of the strategies in the next couple of weeks as well.  I'm working on Activate & Connect next (Making Connections)

This is only a little part of the entire unit but I thought I'd show you a preview of some some of the content. This unit can be used in grades 1-5.  The text you use is what the kids are reading or studying at the time of the unit. One more thing before I go... does anyone know how to get these pictures side by side instead of all in a row?.  I've tried dragging it but it messes everything up...it must be a setting or something.  Us new bloggies are a pain...right:)

Have a great day...I'll check in a little later....I'm working on math today.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Come back again soon...I love visitors :)


Teaching Units Including Many Free Items