Wednesday, October 31, 2012

All in All...A Fun Day

Did anyone have as crazy of day as I did?  I'm just sitting down for the first time all day!!!  At school we did Addition & Subtraction Haunted Houses. I wish I could credit who came up with this, but I can't remember. What a great idea!  I love to do something fun, but sneak in some learning.  The biggest learning my students go out of these haunted houses was putting the bigger number on top in subtraction.  The sad thing is that they didn't notice at first...ahhhh!  They would just subtract 9 from 1 and come up with 8.  I guess I have a lot of work to do. Frustrating...but job security I guess :)
PS..I tried to load some more pictures of this activity but blogger keeps turning it...anyone know why or how to fix this???
Addition & Subtraction Haunted House
We also did the Spooktacular Math Centers by  Hope King...which were amazing by the way.  It kept me hoppin though...even with lots of parent help.  I should have taken a picture of how many treats we had.  I've never seen so much junk food in one place before.  We had so much fun.  It's good to be back.

My entire family came over to my house tonight for Halloween also.  My neighborhood gets hit hard so my sisters, mom, and I stay home and pass out candy while my brother-in-laws, dad, and husband take the kids around the neighborhood...works for me.  We all made appetizers and had a fun night.  Here's a picture of "the cousins" before trick-or-treating.
The cousins
Aren't they so cute?  I didn't go to any Halloween parties this year and now I wish I would have gone.  I found these pictures from the last Halloween party we went to.  I'm decided that next year I'm having my very own Halloween party.  We always have so much fun.  The pictures below are with one of my sisters, me, and my mom and dad. The other picture is a random picture of my sisters and me and the last is of my husband and I at a firefighter awards banquet.  I can't tell you how much I adore my family.  I'm the luckiest girl in the world to have such an amazing and supportive family!  Here's a few pics of us.

This one is from Halloween.
I'm on the left (go go dancer) , my mom and dad are in the middle, and my youngest sister is on the right
.


This is my sisters and me. I'm the top left.  I LOVE them so much!



My one and only and I at an awards banquet.

Have a good "Day After Halloween" and go hug your families!


1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love your fact family houses! SOO cute!! I thought I had your email address, but I don't. Do you mind sending it to me. mine is acarver@scsk12.org

    Hope you have a fantastic Thursday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Come back again soon...I love visitors :)


Teaching Units Including Many Free Items